Nature and the environment, sport and competition, physics and the psyche: factors that have always accompanied, fascinated and driven me. Challenges that now accumulate in a large project. I start my sailing project with all commitment and professionalism. A Class40 offers the platform to show that performance and sustainability are not mutually exclusive.
But more about my career, my background, my motivation:
Born in the Rhineland in 1988, I have always had a close relationship with nature and the environment. So I decided early on to focus on environmental sciences, sustainability and renewable energies after school. I did this by studying environmental and agricultural sciences in Kiel and combined it with my passion, sailing.
During my studies, I developed the enthusiasm for creating the connection between sporting competition and dealing with nature with sea sailing in the young people’s project of the Sailing Team Germany. Sea sailing is the challenge of making modern high-tech racing yachts fast under the influence of the constantly changing weather conditions, taking into account the opponent strategically and optimizing the technical, physical and mental parameters and optimally coordinating all these influencing factors.
After my studies, my job led me to project management and later to project management in the energy, environmental and sustainability sectors. At the same time, I worked on my sailing performance in every free minute. In various campaigns I sailed in and offshore regattas, became German champion in sea sailing with the Intermezzo Sailingteam in 2019, gained extensive experience there in all positions on board – from the forecastle to trim and navigation.
Successful regatta sport depends on the constant optimization of the boat, the constant adjustment to the weather, wave and current factors. Every change in external influences requires an adjustment of sail trim or size. The optimum physical and mental condition of the athlete as well as the 100% perfection of the material are decisive for success. The demands of the sea on people and material are enormous, the possibilities for repair and recovery are limited. That is the special fascination of this type of competitive sport.
The networking of my worlds has been my incentive for a long time: the need for environmental and resource protection, sustainability and renewable energies on the other hand – the deep love for the sea and the elements on the other hand. So far, many questions about sustainability and resource conservation in yachting have remained unanswered. The industry is just beginning to approach the topic cautiously.
A Class40 project that started with Nature and the Environment comes into focus, but which does not lose sight of performance and performance loses: That is my concern. I would like to work with partners and outfitters work together to find solutions to make the industry more sustainable further develop and present future-oriented approaches. This Project is intended to be a melting pot of ideas, a test platform for Innovations, a means of communication to provide solutions about successful sports transport.
- 2023 3rd place RORC Transatlantic Race 2023
- 2022 3rd place Wessel & Vett Cup 12Meter Rule Class
- 2022 5th place in ORC World Championships
- 2022 2nd place in start group Pantenius Rund Skagen
- 2021 8th place The Nations Trophy Palma, ClubSwan50
- 2021 5th place World Championship 12 meters class in Helsinki
- 2021 3rd place Pre-Worlds 12 meter class in Sandhamn
- 2021 5th place Gotland Rund overall (SRS), 3rd place in starting group
- 2021 2nd place Solaris Cup, Sardinia
- 2020 2nd place Welcome Race of the Kiel Week
- 2020 2nd place around Fehmarn, Travemünde Week
- 2019 1st place German Championship Sea Sailing
- 2019 2nd place Inshore Kiel Week
- 2019 3rd place PalmaVela
- 2018 2nd place Capital Cup around Helgoland
- 2017 3rd place long distance Kiel Week
- 2016 Goldfleet World Championship Copenhagen
- 2016 3rd place Maior
- 2015 1st place middle distance Kiel Week
- 2015 1st place long distance Kiel Week
- 2015 1st place Inshore Kiel Week
- 2014 Participation Rolex Middle Sea Race
- 2014 2nd place long distance Kiel Week
- 2013 1st place long distance Kiel Week
- 2012 3rd place German best determination sea sailing inshore
- 2012 Entry into yacht and regatta sailing
- 2009 – 2015 Studies in agricultural and environmental sciences in Kiel
- 2003 First own sailing dinghy
- 1988 Born in Bonn